Monday, October 27, 2008

I love my husband!

So if you took the time to read my last blog you will see that life around here lately has just been crazy. On Wednesday Jon and I were talking (on the phone of course) and decided it was long passed time for us to go on a date. Or just to be alone for that matter. So I talked with one of my good friends and decided Saturday was best for everyone. Well it ended up she offered for McKenna to stay Friday night which meant Jon and I could sleep in! Wait, no we didn't I had Young Women in Excellence and Jon had school. Oh well, sleeping in is over rated I've decided. Anyways, when I got home Jon and I weren't sure what to do. So we debated over it and ended up going to Layton and just walking around the mall, we did grab some dinner which we spent more then we wanted but considering we haven't been out forever we decided it was ok. We found out Old Navy was having a killer sale and found Jon a shirt for 3 dollars and me one for 6! Also we found Jon some flip flops for next year for a dollar each!! Nothing beats a good deal. After we went and met our friends and picked up McKenna we headed home and ended up meeting up with some friends and watching a movie while the kids played. Headed home around ten and went to bed. Well Sunday none of us woke up til 10:15! Now McKenna is pretty reliable on when she wakes up but I guess yesterday was an exception, she has to be growing or something. All she did yesterday was sleep. Well I got ready and went to Young Womens and had a lesson on Service in our Community and decided that we really need to do something even if it is just once a month. So thats my goal today is to find a place to donate my time. After I got home from church McKenna went back to sleep and so Jon and I watched Tron, ok I fell asleep and Jon watched it but still. Once it was over we made soup then went and walked around temple square. We went and saw the family display which always makes me cry. We also saw the Cristus and McKenna kept waving at it and blowing kisses. I wish I could be as close to the spirit as I know that little girl is. She is such an example.

No comments:

A look in our lives

My photo
Our lives started together in 2006, shortly after we found out giggles, hugs, and diapers would fill our lives, we added little M in August '07. Jon is balancing life taking care of his girls, school, and work. Melissa stays at home with little M and loves being a mom and wife. Since then I have gained over a hundred pounds. I am sick of the restrictions it gives me. I am tired of feeling groggy and miserable. I am starting over. Starting a new and teaching my family the joys of healthy living!